Welcome to the Winfield Stock Hub

Engineering, procurement, construction & management of crude oil refineries.

Free

Hi all and a question

posted on Oct 07, 2007 04:04PM

Nice to see this forum up and running now and to see my favourite posters here.  Thanks Ian for getting it started. 

Question.  I have lots for my RRSP and cash accounts, but I want to buy some more when it opens for my son's account.  Any ideas of when to buy?  i.e. would you wait for a few hours or just hit the trigger button when it opens regardless of the price?   

I'm still pretty green regarding investing and learning as I go along.  I got burned once chasing something (now at 50% less from when I bought it.)  I have a feeling that buying at the open on this one might be a good idea though as they will probably have lots of news releases piled up.  It would probably be worth my while to sell the one that is down so much to buy it - at least the shares in my son's account.  Otherwise I would just transfer some of my own money into his account to buy it. 

I am also wondering, if this halt gets prolonged much further, if the company itself might be hurt by not being able to go forward/close deals because the stock is halted.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. 

P.S. I found this forum very hard to find without the link that Ian sent from Stockhouse.  I didn't realize until now that you have to hit the second button on the main screen (I think I was trying the News one instead and couldn't find it.)  I have made it a favourite now, so there should be no problems in the future. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply