Welcome to the Winfield Stock Hub

Engineering, procurement, construction & management of crude oil refineries.

Free

Gap Up?

posted on Feb 19, 2008 03:21AM

Thanks rigpig for the level II's...  I wonder if we will see a significant gap-up this morning.  After reading the press release, and taking into consideration the numerous clarifications issued when WWF resumed trading, I do not read into this as positively as everyone else on the forum.

We all know that previous news releases outline opportunities - nothing more definitive than that.  Given the volatility within the countries that WWF is potentially pursuing business with, these opportunities can vanish in an instant.  The ethanol opportunities have not had updates in a year...

Now in regards to the latest release, I notice that this is simply a license required to put forth a proposal.   As is clarified in the news release:

"There is no assurance the Company will be able to construct and operate a refinery at the Port of Nouakchott on terms acceptable to the Company, or at all. There is also no assurance the Company will be able to source crude oil feedstock or financing for such refinery project."

This does not make Winfield, a company with literally <$1M revenue since inception, more than a $12.5M company (current market cap)...

I wait until the proposal is ACCEPTED and SIGNED before we see significant movements in share price that are based on fundamentals.

All in all, good to see progress though - I am skeptical and will act as such.  WWF has lot a lot of my trust given the previous year.

New Message
Please login to post a reply