Welcome to the Winfield Stock Hub

Engineering, procurement, construction & management of crude oil refineries.

Free

The future of WWF...

posted on May 09, 2009 12:09AM

I've just been sitting on my patio (granted with a few glasses of wine :-) ) thinking about the possible scenarios for WWF's future.

I'm particularly thinking about the comments from whatamaroon, where he/she is effectively saying that nobody in their right mind would invest in a company with the kind of track-record that WWF has.

I think there is some substance to that observation! So let me share my personal (completely personal, non-informed blah blah) opinions on this subject.

Last year I established a company (I'm an IT-guy) with the explicit PLAN that this company would be bought-out by a larger company (in my case, IBM). In fact, I explicitly consulted with representatives from IBM to ensure that I understood the conditions under which they would be willing to buy me out!

My conversation (singular... I have met him once!) with MF tells me that this is *not* his plan! From my conversation with him, it is clear that he thinks WWF is a company that will stand on its own in the long-term. However, when I consider the comments from Whatamaroon, I wonder if that is still a viable plan? Can WWF still salvage its own reputation, or will it become a *successful* entity that, because of its history, still cannot survive on its own?

Because I have met the man (MF), I truly wish him all the best! If he can pull this off on his own, then I will be even MORE impressed with him than I already am! ...but I wonder if WWF is now little more than a target for aquisition by some larger entity that doesn't have such a jaded track-record??

From our perspective, as shareholders, a buy-out isn't a bad thing... but in my heart-of-hearts I still am cheering for MF, and I hope that he can create a company that challenges the "big boys".

Regardless, I think that we shareholders win under both scenarios! On a personal level, though, I hope that MF kicks-ass :-)

MY OPINIONS ONLY

Muddled

May 09, 2009 02:47AM
May 09, 2009 05:20AM
May 09, 2009 09:39AM

May 09, 2009 08:13PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply