Welcome to the Winfield Stock Hub

Engineering, procurement, construction & management of crude oil refineries.

Free

BRIE

If you are referring to myself in particular, say so.

we are all perplexed and dumbfounded by the lack of full and acceptable to western standard documentation. When it does come it is in Arabic script in French and must be translated into acceptable legal form. Difficult......

Then there is Libyan political will. We seen what VNX got. A 100million dollar haircut that they had to eat. It would be interesting indeed to follow thier path from this perspective, and see if it was similar from inception to sale.

This is a muslim country,and outsiders (infedels) are frowned upon. Through much gentle and patient handling of thier foot dragging, we remain alive.WWF remains the sole licensee to build and operate a refinery and has a guaranteed 300k/day crude feedstock from NOC..in writing with full documentation. I believe it is not transferable without approval...but how much is that worth to Shell? My guesstimate is about 40mill...(sheer roy guess)

I have experience with muslim countries. i will teel you what happened to me in indonesia. please dont take offence anyone. They just do things in thier own way, much as we do.

In the early 90s i operated a balloon manufacturing plant in Jakarta, as 49.9% owner and had a disrtibution network called FAIR-N-HEIGHT- Balloons. We made them by hand and had 1000 employees. . Quality control was a joke, but we were by far the cheapest helium balloon available. We tried to automate and couldnt get it right. After 1 1/2 years of Chinese scientists and 750K I had had enough. i recruited two American experts from a competitor to oversee the setup

They refused to accept them. Exasperated , i forced the issue and insisted embarrassing thier incompetence.. This was my undoing. they had lost what they call "face', a totasl breach of protocol. Next morning I was called in and informed that unfortunatly the factory had burned down last night. My instructions were..'You go now Mister Bob, and you no come back"

With this story in mind...demanding documents from the regime is an ill advised task

i dont have the answer for you Brie, just my spin on it

royrogers

New Message
Please login to post a reply