...We Welcome You to the Zenith Epigenetics Hub withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Zenith's BET Inhibitor ZEN-3694 is Currently Being Evaluated in Multiple Oncology Clinical Trials

Free
Message: Re: New paper on interplay/synergy of BET inhibitors and PD-L1 inhibition

I have less of a concern about whether ZEN-3694 is having anti-cancer effects, and more of a concern about the safety/adverse events. Early pan-BET inhibitors that started cancer clinical trials prior to ZEN-3694 have elicited some pretty nasty adverse events that have warranted intermittent dosing (e.g. two weeks on, one week off) or resulted in patients discontinuing treatment.

Pan-BET inhibitors in general seem to be very effective for various oncology indications. Since ZEN-3694 is a pan-BET inhibitor, and is a 2nd or 3rd generation molecue, I am pretty confident that it is going to be efficacious for several types of cancer similar to its predecessors. However, is it going to be safer than earlier generation pan BET inhibitors? Does it have any efficacy/safety advantage relative to other pan-BET that are also in clinical trials for cancer indications? If ZEN-3694 is being touted 

These are the questions that concern me more than efficacy for Zenith's pan-BET inhibitors. Unlike Resverlogix, which is the only company with a bromodomain-2 selective BET inhibitor in clinical trials, the pan-BET inhibitor field is crowded with many molecules from other companies in trials right now. 

Hopefully 2017 will bring clarity to these concerns!

BearDownAZ

New Message
Please login to post a reply