Free

Wow, that's a staggering statement. Here's where I think there could be an issue with what you're saying. SESAR has a plan in place. What I saw was that CPDLC is the starting point which will then mature into 4DLINK somewhere around year 2020. It's years in the making to ensure everything has been thought of and nothing left to chance, some trial, more planning etc....... so I would have to place your claim into the myth category.

CPDLC in the world of aviation is relatively new, the trials have led to a set of standards which will become mandatory in the next couple of years. I find it highly unlikely that SESAR will change direction after having carriers invest millions of dollars. Is CPDLC here to stay forever? IMO probably not but I do expect it'll be here for at least the next 20-30 years with some upgrades along the way but always working from the same development platform. Similar to my argument for the need to invest in STC's I do believe that CPDLC is extremely important to attract sales in Europe, after all it is being mandated. As with everything else that we've talked about, time will tell.

Re your Astrium/Star comment What am I missing here, why are they still in the process of (see below)....? The way everybody was carrying on I thought both companies were all but married.

"Formalize the relationship with Astrium Limited through the negotiation and
execution of a formal mechanism under which Star and Astrium can develop new
business opportunities in the field of aircraft critical data collection, analysis and
transmission."

IMO when I read a statement like this it indicates to me that this relationship is no where near as strong as everybody has been touting. The day I see Astrium pony up a million dollars of investment into the system, that's when becomes a formal working and development partnership.

By the way, the last time you offered to have me see the system I had initially declined and had then changed it to an acceptance but you never responded.

Good health

New Message
Please login to post a reply