Welcome To The Apex Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Sultan's business strategy acquires quality, under explored, precious metal properties with undiscovered potential in established mining camps. The company then advances the projects until they can be joint ventured or sold with a retained NSR royalty.

Free

New High Priority Geophysical Targets

posted on Jan 12, 2010 10:49PM

http://www.sultanminerals.com/s/News-2009.asp?ReportID=379568&_Type=News-Releases&_Title=Sultan-Minerals-Identifies-Two-Priority-Geophysical-Targets-on-its-HB-Zinc-...

Monday, January 11, 2010

Sultan Minerals Identifies Two Priority Geophysical Targets on its HB Zinc Property, BC

Sultan Minerals Inc. (SUL-TSX-V) ("Sultan") is pleased to announce that a recently completed magnetometer geophysical survey on its HB and Garnet Zinc Property has identified two, new, high priority, geophysical targets. The two targets lie adjacent to and along strike from the two historic mines. Together the two new targets rival the combined size of the two historic mines. The combined HB and Garnet mining operation was historically British Columbia's third largest lead-zinc producer. The two mines produced a total of 6,656,101 tonnes (7,337,095 tons) of ore at an average grade of 4.1% Zn, 0.8% Pb and 4.8 g/tonne Ag. (BC Geological Survey, Detail Production Report, MINFILE).

The eastern magnetic anomaly is situated along strike to the north of the historic Garnet Zinc mine suggesting the possibility of an extension to the historic mine. This target is comparable in size to the former Garnet mine. The magnetic anomaly is believed to be caused by the mineral pyrrhotite which is locally associated with the zinc mineralization. The Garnet deposit was mined as an open cut and thus only gives a magnetic response over a remnant pillar at the south end of the deposit (see map).

The second geophysical target is situated 400 metres west of the Garnet Mine and trends parallel to both the Garnet and HB deposits. This target is more than 800 metres in length and is comparable in size to the combined Garnet and HB deposits. The target appears to be sub surface plunging to the north but may be exposed on surface at its south end.

Sultan has recently completed a program of geochemical sampling over the geophysical grid and results are expected shortly.

A large database of historical mine records including mine plans, mine sections, drill logs and geological maps was acquired with the property. Mr. Ed Lawrence, P.Eng., former Manager of Sultan's adjacent Jersey and Emerald Mines, is presently undertaking a review of the historical mine records.

Compilation of data, including new geophysical and geochemical results, and historic mine plans and diamond drill results, is currently under way to generate targets for testing by diamond drilling in the spring of 2010. With over $1.75 million in unallocated working capital Sultan is well positioned to commence its planned 2010 projects.

Perry Grunenberg, P.Geo., of PBG Geoscience managed the recent exploration program and is Sultan's project supervisor and "Qualified Person" for the purpose of NI 43-101, "Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects".

New Message
Please login to post a reply