Welcome To The Apex Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Sultan's business strategy acquires quality, under explored, precious metal properties with undiscovered potential in established mining camps. The company then advances the projects until they can be joint ventured or sold with a retained NSR royalty.

Free
Message: Huge Geophysical nomaly Discovered at Jersey-Emerald Property

Huge Geophysical nomaly Discovered at Jersey-Emerald Property

posted on Jan 15, 2010 11:55AM

Friday, January 15, 2010

TSX Venture Exchange Symbol: SUL
SEC 12g3-2(b): 82-4741
Frankfurt Stock Exchange: RZN

Sultan Minerals Discovers Potential for large Extensions to the HB & Garnet Zinc Mines at its Jersey-Emerald Property, BC

Sultan Minerals Inc. (SUL-TSX-V) ("Sultan") is pleased to announce that a recently completed soil geochemical survey over the HB and Garnet Zinc zones on its Jersey-Emerald Property shows potential for extensions and parallel zones of lead-zinc mineralization. Analytical results identify multiple zinc anomalies where many samples exceed 10,000 ppm, the upper limit of laboratory detection.

The principal soil anomaly is centered over the Garnet Zinc Mine but extends far beyond the original deposit. This strong, 900 metre long, lead and zinc anomaly extends for 300 metres to the north and 300 metres to the south of the historic Garnet workings and remains open to the south. The north end of the soil anomaly partially overlaps with a magnetic geophysical anomaly which is believed to be reflecting mineralization at depth.

Two parallel soil anomalies lie to the west of the Garnet Mine suggesting potential for additional lead-zinc mineralization in an area that has never been drill tested. The western most soil anomaly coincides with the southern end of a strong magnetic geophysical anomaly that is believed to plunge to the north (see News Release of January 11, 2010) where it exists below surface for a distance of 900 metres beyond the zinc soil anomaly.

Several areas of elevated lead and zinc concentrations occur to the east of the Garnet zone. These areas are believed to be reflecting surface exposures of the HB Zinc deposit and the associated mine workings.

A large database of historical mine records including mine plans, mine sections, drill logs and geological maps was acquired with the property. Mr. Ed Lawrence, P.Eng., former Manager of Sultan's adjacent Jersey and Emerald Mines, is presently undertaking a review of the historical mine records. Preliminary inspection of this information confirms the soil results and suggests that the south end of the Garnet zinc deposit remains open and may extend to the south far beyond the previous mining operations.

Compilation of this geochemical data, with the recently reported geophysical results and historic mine plans and diamond drill results, is presently underway. Targets generated by this work will be tested by diamond drilling in the spring of 2010. With over $1.75 million in unallocated working capital Sultan is well positioned to commence its planned 2010 projects.

Perry Grunenberg, P.Geo., of PBG Geoscience managed the recent exploration program and is Sultan's project supervisor and "Qualified Person" for the purpose of NI 43-101, "Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects".

For further information on Sultan's projects, visit
www.sultanminerals.com.

New Message
Please login to post a reply