Free

RE: Unannounced Asian ``customer``

posted on Jan 21, 2005 11:11AM
Certainly none that I`ve heard. I would assume prospective until we know otherwise.

I am also curious about RyanAir. Seems if they had committed to ordering 6000 units total and wanted to have them in service by March (even by the end of March), we should have received such an order by now. The few indications we`ve had suggest that their trial was very successful. So why the wait? If speculation is correct that the embedded version will be preferred by most airlines, then I would wonder whether...

1. That means the handheld model is already an essentially dead product?

2. RyanAir has now decided to wait for the embedded version?

3. The margins/profit on the embedded version will be better, worse, or about the same as the handheld version? (all things considered - I know it means more seats, but probably at less per seat... hard for us to guess where the break-even point might actually be, not taking into account any unknown factors)

4. This could be pushing back other actual sales by several months as it appears to be doing even now? (Where does one draw the line when comparing present guaranteed sales against future unguaranteed sales? - and if those future sales are guaranteed, then why not say so?)

No argument that it`s out of EDIG`s hands, but the longer things take, the more that can go wrong.

Regarding the arbitration, I wonder what forces F-10 to pay (and within what sort of timeframe) should they be found in the wrong? I`m not holding my breath on this one. F-10 has jerked EDIG around before - they`ll do so again if they can get away with it. At best, collecting on the arbitration would only help to tide them over some. They still need some real deals to be consummated.

- Sinkman

New Message
Please login to post a reply