Free

"Intel's Robson cache technology attempts to decrease hard drive usage by moving frequently accessed data (such as the operating system and most used programs) over to the flash RAM."

"If such memory is to be used as cache, error correction and wear-leveling algorithms will have to be used to extend the life of the memory beyond that of the laptop."

cache,  defined in this article is not in the normal sense, they're looking at the whole flash with related I/O as a cache or better said... flash RAM. The I/O to the flash needs at minimum,  a system such as e.Digitals to consider the flash as a  " flash RAM." Collectively it should not be considered a cache,  as two components are necessary, FLASH and....cache, the smaller the better.

If they utilize a large resource in front of the flash for the cache component....they could not look at it in the manner they are and make the claims stated.

If the caching scheme sitting in front of this endeavor operates in the same fashion as MOS,  they will spot it.

For e.Digital the caching scheme combined with the flash, is sized variably and does not function in a typical manner....the claim is, it creates RAM out of the flash.

We're all right back to where we started from,  Flash as RAM...when I think of all the going back and forth with jTara  about it.

The trick is the caching scheme...and not all related to flash...the media could be any type....paraphrase "the system(MOS) is only limited by the speed of the media".... for the moment flash.

Things seem to be busting lose....we have a patent for what others will be seeking.

doni

New Message
Please login to post a reply