Free

I was wrong...

posted on Jan 21, 2007 09:33AM

about some things, it appears (but maybe not too completely wrong).  While I was confident EDIG would prevail on the matters of IP/DRM and exclusivity, I thought that EDIG would "eat it" more decisively regarding the Maycom fiasco.

I'm pleased to see that the court saw the "questionability" of Wencor's acts, specifically the visit and the final payment.

And apparently the words of RP were true re: no delivery date specified in the PO - thus no penalty for very late delivery (though I don't think this really passes the test of "reasonableness").

But I suspect that the $94K still in question includes monies for EDIG's contracted responsibility for "production oversight", obviously not effectively performed.

So I guess where I solidly "missed the mark" was in thinking that the above failure to perform was so blatantly obvious that a specific judgment would be made. I also thought that the value would be more than $94K (though thinking it through, that number is probably right on, and may include EDIG's "profit").

I don't KNOW that this is all that some here predict. How many longs thought we'd lose this fight?  Even I, probably the biggest pessimist on this issue, only saw vulnerability on the production oversight issue, and possibly late delivery damages.

IMO, don't get carried away, as this result is probably already priced-in. Not that much has changed.... In fact, IMO, not that much has changed since the PPS was under $.10.

THE CHANGE will happen with true volume orders for eVU and/or a commitment from a patent law firm for a contingency deal. Either will be an "event".

These things are all IMO, and I think I KNOW.

SGE

PS: IMO, with this result, EDIG shouldn't waste any time or money going after Maycom.

New Message
Please login to post a reply