Free

...The biggest asset of the big law firms like Duane Morris is their "Reputation"...(Gil)

(see above post one more time)

You couldn't be more correct and I'm not certain this has been stated as often as is necessary here.

We can speculate about a lot things in EDIG Land, but having a big league sugar daddy legal firm will likely go down as a major turning point in EDIG's history. This is not a whimpy bunch of wing tip wearing lawyers. These guys know their top asset is their reputation as that's exactly how they get to charge $XXX per hour. Their hourly rate in billable hours is their scorecard. The wins they rack up in and out of the courtroom determine and underscore their strength to get the issues resolved -- the easier way through negotiation or the harder way through litigation costing the other side piles-o-cash.

As one who employs legal firms on occasion, I know companies want swift reasonable resolution above all else. Legal issues cloud the day and take the focus from your key managers and execs. The comment I was told by a $750 / hr patent attorney about DM was ruthless.

When one is sitting with an attorney and told the cost to litigate might be millions of dollars and you can still lose, that settlement offer comes a lot faster. The key is which party is willing to committ to winning, no matter how much is costs. Having been there, it is easy to fold like cheap deck chair and move on. Far more companies fold than choose the litigation angle. You simply just want the legal crap to go away and go back to doing whatever it is you do. That is DM's advantage, IMO. They have a solid reputation for going for the win when the other party blinks. Just look at their client list.

IMO, EDIG's tech is now validated and the legions of naysayers should send their BS to Philadelphia where I'm sure some Boston Legal wanttabe would love to rip them a new arse whole.

Check out DM's web site and the article linked:

http://www.duanemorris.com/alerts/al...

John

New Message
Please login to post a reply