Free
Message: RE: If you need underlining this post is OT for you.

RE: If you need underlining this post is OT for you.

posted on Feb 16, 2005 04:27AM
``The Cornice Storage Element is ideal for pocket-able consumer electronic devices because it offers the performance, capacity, low-cost and durability requirements manufacturers need to introduce advanced, media-based handheld electronic devices. Packed into an affordable, half-cubic-inch, the Cornice SE requires one-fourth of the working components of competitive micro drives, and offers durability and extended battery life approaching that of solid-state media. Compact, rugged and optimized for portable electronics, the Cornice SE is a key component in many of the most innovative consumer electronic devices used throughout the world.```

no underline form me...

``Cornice Inc. was formed in August 2000 by Kevin Magenis, former vice president of engineering at Maxtor, and Curt Bruner, formerly the chief electronics architect at Quantum and Intersect.``

So..why...what...who....brought these two guys together...and gave them the formula for this HDD package ? Or did they come up with it all on there own ? I think not.. because the environment that drives it, is not of there former persuasion....you can not eliminate as they did and stay compatible.

Was someone pissed off when APPLE and their cronies cornered the market on the Toshiba mini drive ?

====================================...

and now that new found technology goes where ? I don`t know about Quantum.....but Maxtor seems to be going to be a beneficiary...Quantum IMO will be also....if not a joint effort from the start.

``Michael Wingert, former CEO of Cornice, has been tapped as Maxtor`s new Prez and COO. He is taking over the president role from Paul Tufano who unexpectedly resigned earlier this week. Tufano was replaced in the CEO role by C.S. Park who is currently chairman of Maxtor as well.``

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01...

doni

New Message
Please login to post a reply