Free

RE: And on March 8th...

posted on Feb 16, 2005 08:43AM
Okay, per this (last sentence), the lightweight embedded system they`re talking about must from Air Canada:

``Inflight entertainment is strictly for long-haul full-service carriers. Right? Wrong! In the past 18 months IFE has stormed into the low-cost and regional markets, led by the handheld devices and since reinforced by the revolutionary lightweight embedded system adopted by a resurgent Air Canada.``

Please help refresh my memory re: where we`re at with Air Canada (Inflight Canada?). Last I recall is that they were doing some head-to-head comparisons of the installed digE and something else (Thales?). Did we get final results or a decision out of them, or are we still in the running? (or perhaps, since this seminar is only a few week away, already selected?).

I kind of doubt it`s us, only because of the statements made in the management commentary with the 10Q (i.e., that EDIG is currently working on enhancements, presumably for the installed version), suggesting that the installed version isn`t fully ready for roll-out (unless sans enhancements).

However, the tone at this seminar appears to be forward looking (five years out); plenty of time for instant issues to be ironed out.

In any case, it`s great that Boyer is presenting and, based on the reps that are presenting, it appears this can only be good stuff as they`ll all to touting the benefits of light weight systems.

Hope they have a strong audience.

SGE

New Message
Please login to post a reply