Free

Interesting... If that was mentioned before, I must have missed or forgotten about it. Certainly the share price could quickly change for the better and without warning given the right bit of news. Whether IP news comes in the form of a legal filing or a settlement remains to be seen. If the strategy is to file first, then I’m also a bit surprised that it hasn’t happened yet - but then again, 3 months isn’t all that long a time and such an event could be closer than we realize.

I also think the ‘file first’ strategy might still be tempered according to the specific companies and the claims being infringed upon. But the recent decision could be more ‘black and white’ than I realize - since I can only read that decision from a layman’s point of view rather than a lawyer’s. Do all the lawyers here agree that this issue is pretty cut and dry?

Finally, I can say pretty confidently that the question of ‘validation’ is not so black and white, else the DM announcement would have had more effect on the share price than it did. If they could announce a multi-million dollar settlement with Samsung, then that would obviously be a huge deal. But what if they simply file against Actel for example? The share price might barely react at all... unless several news services start reporting and writting about it thus increasing investor interest - which is a distinct possibility.

I’d like nothing more than to get some significant IP news, but it’ll have to be the ‘right’ news - and I think a lot will depend on who it is and for how much. Could still be awhile before they go after the big fish (or the high-hanging fruit).

- Sinkman

New Message
Please login to post a reply