Free

Re: Future Filings ? LL

posted on Oct 02, 2007 09:20AM

"I have been pondering DM's strategy and if they are planning to follow this Vivitar suit through to conclusion and use it as leverage for all future actions, if they are going to file a threshold suit in each sector, or if there will be a number of various actions filed." 

I don't think it would be a wise move to wait for the conclusion of the Vivitar lawsuit. You have to play the what if game to protect your strategy. If they win fine, they could use the suit as a leverage, but if they lose, then what? Leverage is gone. And a lot of time will have passed if they wait, can't put this off too long for more than one reason.

I hope at a minimum, they file a suit in each market segment, in the hope of establishing a creditable base for the patent/s and use the early success in each group (assuming success) for others to reach a reasonable settlement without having to go to trial.

Time wise, I would go as far as wanting them to file multiple suits in each area of product categories trying to establish an undefeatable infringement case resulting in unconditional control of future lawsuits.

New Message
Please login to post a reply