Free

Minister...gocougs.....

in response to by
posted on Oct 10, 2007 05:08AM

PTSC filed a law suit against INTEL and several other chip makers and users in the San Francisco Federal Court, naming several defendants and a whole bunch of DOES....

INTEL filed a law suit against PTSC in San Jose Federal Court claiming PTSC was interfering with their business and that of their clients by naming them as derfendants in a law which had no merit.

These two law suits were consolidated and moved two San Francisco by the Presiding Judge of the Northern District. After some Law and Motion  "housekeeping" Hearings, the consolidated case was sent to rocket Docket in TEXAS by the Presiding Judge of San Francisco Federal Court. As I recall the AMD and INTEL settlements happened at this stage...

There was no additional law suits filed against the 450 companies that PTSC/TPL made claims of infringment against...

As It was told to PTSC shareholders by management last year, 450 companies were served with "Portfolios" of documentaion claiming they infringed on patents held by PTSC/TPL. Of these there were some 285 who sent a response back. 85 were in various stages of negotiation, and there had been 20 settlements...

In short, I suspect EDIG will follow the same model of establishing the "Infringement" of its patents by a law suit which names as defendants one or more companies, with a whole bunch of DOES, all of whom can be served as defendants, together with a "Portfolio" of documentation establishing the claims made by EDIG. There is no need for separate law suit against each of the 174 companies that the comapny says Nanully has identified thus far as "potential infringers"...

Incidentally, that is another explanation for the fact that even though the "Sealed Summons" against VIVITAR was issued on 9/24/07, there is no indication it was "SERVED" on VIVITAR thus far. As I have stated before, EDIG has 30 days from 9/24/07 to perfect service of VIVITAR, and they in turn have 30 days to file their "ANSWER" ...

I HOPE THIS IS HELFUL...

Gil...

New Message
Please login to post a reply