Free

LL

posted on Nov 08, 2007 08:06PM

Just desirous of a couple of educated opinions from an uneducated opinion seeker.......

I have read your blurbs on the subject of the response from Vivitar, do you consider this a "STRONG" response full of the indignation of the innocent?????

I realize (from you) that any competent attorney will cover every base he can think of to refute the charges of a plaintiff, hoping that one or two will have validity to a judge or a jury. however it seems to me the response I read was "weak". For instance would an answer from an innocent include a phrase that "other entities could be mentioned as being at fault also", "would the questioning the authenticity of the patents be a defense that would hold water knowing those patents are pretty strong and easily proven to be the property of EDig?? I have to assume Vivitar has competent attorneys that have examined those patents and know the answer. If so, why was such a specious claim made?????

Another weakness, at least to me, was trying to impeach, or make lightly, the depositions of the witnesses by saying they were "California boys" or something like that. Is there something about the law that I don't know that says if a deposition is taken in a different State from the residence of the defendent then it is invalid???  That just seems to me to weak,,,,weak,,,,weak.....Not the response I would expect from entities who truly believed in the justness of their cause...

However, with no legal training I could be out in left field here. Any help???? 

New Message
Please login to post a reply