Free
Message: OT: Another # 2 goes down in a puff of feathers...PHILLO...

Nov 15, 2007 11:35AM

You started it. Here is confessions of a college footbal lover:

I think they should bite the bullet and give the BCS trophy to HAWAII. They are the only unbeaten team all year and nobody even talks about them. They just pretend like they are in a different country or something...

Last I read HAWAII was still one of the States of these here "UNITED STATES. NO?...Lol...Lol...

This whole BCS ranking sucks. It inflicts a lot of unnecessary pain on the young players who play their heart out on any given day, attain a high rank, only to loose to a lower ranking team the next week.

From Michigan getting beat in their own house by Appalachian State, to Cal. who was 14 seconds from being Number one in the country, loosing to a much lower ranking Oregon State because a Freshman replacement quarterback forgot to spike the ball saving 5 seconds for a field goal, shattring dreams of Heisman Trophies for 2-3 team members and putting the team on a slide that made them loose 4 in a row after that loss.

BCS is broken and needs fixing or abandonment. It's main object is chasing the big bucks of NETWORK dollars, ignoring the basic tenants of NCAA that is promoting "Sportsmanship". I liked it the old way where the game was played for the love of it, and the trophy was not A Heisman Statue insuring a big dollar signing up bonus with a pro team, but the simple pleasure of beating Stanford the local rival with whom you had a 100+ years of history.

Cal. is spending $120 MILLION to build a sports complex next to Memorial Stadium, so as they can attract the DESEAN JACKSONS, HAWKINS, AND LONGSHORES of the future. They could care less if all these three guys end up broken,(pysically and mentally).

The last time I saw Cal play was the game with USC. I alomst had tears in my eyes, (I am sure I did, but the rain downpoor made it difficult to know which one was which), lookin at a hobbling and broken Longshore trying to evade the ruching SC front line and missing his passes by throwing in the wrong direction from where an open Desean Jackson was waiting for the ball.

There is something wrong with this picture, I said. And I promised I would go public on this the first chance I get.

Thanks for giving m the nudge. And this IS my last OT for the year.

Gil...

New Message
Please login to post a reply