Free

IMO, no way.  The patents are different and it is TPL (private company) that runs the show for almost 100% of PTSC's revs via IP license deals.  PTSC's patents are proven money makers.  In theory, PTSC will settle or go to trial in the next 90 days on their long running IP case with five Japan based mega companies (3 have settled already).  Either way, they have a positive Markman ruling on their side -- a HUGE plus.  PTSC is in a much better position today.

On the other hand, EDIG is about two years behind PTSC with regard to IP license deals and legal rangleings.  However, EDIG has a separate and on going revenue stream. That is a big plus for EDIG. As I have posted more than anyone wants to count, selling stuff matters. It is just not enough to cover their S,G, & A expenses today.  Time will tell if EDIG can sell enough eVU product and services (I believe the service sales will be critical to profitablity) to become a real player in the IFE business.  My guess is EDIG customers are being shown some level of on going financing to convince potential IFE customers they are going to be around to service what they sell.  EDIG's London partner, MEZZO, has deep pockets behind it.

Jim Turly, CEO of PTSC, is activing seeking M & A targets with many already interviewed and the second round of discussions has begun, according to company communications.  They have over $20M in cash with several signings recently that add to that number, maybe as much as another $10M.  With stock options and a large pile of cash, PTSC will be looking for a stable and profitable company to buy to offset the ups and downs of Q reports for IP license deals.

Just my $0.02 and worth exactly what you paid for it!

John

New Message
Please login to post a reply