Free
Message: Doni, I found this Sony patent referencing one of EDIGs

Re: EVENT

in response to by
posted on Feb 26, 2008 09:45AM

I’ve been thinking more about this phrase since seeing the article posted a few days ago...

With tens of millions of dollars on the table, claim construction continues to remain the single-most important phase of any patent case.

Could it be that DM has been following its own advice and taking some extra time to carefully craft a winning claim construction position for themselves and e.Digital?

I realize that it’s been a longer time than we’d like, that the share price isn’t showing any signs of anticipation, and that we haven’t heard any warm encouraging hints from the company beyond their carefully worded PRs. But I continue to think that there is real value in the patents, that DM understands this, and that they will be able to capitalize on it. I believe it’s reasonable to look for additional filings to occur before March 31st. Even if that doesn’t happen, how much longer could it take? Not until April maybe or perhaps even May? So what? I’ve said before that I would prefer that DM take longer and get it right... rather than to hurry up and screw it up.

The current share price is really of little concern at this level. It could even drift down to a nickel and yet still rise back above a quarter in very short order on the right news. How low it drifts won’t make any difference (unless you’re a buyer).

By early April, the eVU embedded system is supposed to be launched. Whether a new customer or two is revealed around that same time frame remains to be seen... though it somehow seems likely. As this will also be the end of the 2008 fiscal year, I’d look for preliminary year-end revenue figures and as I’ve said already, some sort of announcement or update on IP monetization activities. With these events a little more than a month away, I frankly think that Spring will be especially welcome this year.

- Sinkman

New Message
Please login to post a reply