Free

Back in the days when eDigital was courting several firms to handle their IP litigation, I was told (by a little birdie) that Jones Day was one of the firms.

From Daboss's post and sman initial digging:

Duane Morris Adds IP Partners In N.J., Calif.

Portfolio Media, New York (April 18, 2008)--Duane Morris LLP is adding new partners to the ranks of its growing intellectual property practice, bringing on a veteran litigator from Jones Day and a patent attorney who formerly handled IP matters for a division of Tyco International.

J. Donald McCarthy joins Duane Morris' Los Angeles after more than five years at Jones Day. And Daniel Daisak, formerly Tyco Flow Control's chief patent and trademark counsel, joins the firm's Princeton, N.J., office. ...

I believe Nikon retained Jones Day to defend against us. I also remember that eDigital had to sort thru several firms during the selection process to avoid conflicts of interest. I'm beginning to think that there may be substance to the argument as Frank / Gil is suggesting to some of the receint hirings. Could it be that J Donald McCarthy may have been introduced in the eDigital litigation when he was with Jones Day? There is no way of knowing for sure but it makes sense to me!

Larry

New Message
Please login to post a reply