Free

Jun 06, 2008 06:36AM
Jun 06, 2008 07:41AM
Jun 06, 2008 08:37AM

..in reverse order..

Those that sold shares short and need to buy them back would care about someone needing (or wanting) to sell as the value of the shares bought has decreased.

Now about the bid/ask. There seems to be some debate whether a retail bid is placed above the mm bid that bid should be displayed, and put in the market. Part of the debate is based on the report that the SEC requires retail and mm bids to be treated equally in the marketplace. If I have a bid in at the current bid, if I was first to enter, I should be first to be filled.

I understand that if retail wants shares NOW, then the ASK is what retail needs to pay to get shares NOW.

I have been able to acquire at the bid (rare) most of mine have been at the ask, and I have placed orders above the current bid which did not get reflected in both the displayed quote or filled while other lower bids went through, when I was bidding above what the mms were indicating. From my understanding of what has been reported as SEC rules on the matter, those shares should have been acquired as I had the best 'bid' on the market, even if it was not displayed. this leads me to believe that when this happens, the mms really do not want someone else getting in the way while they are filling a large order..... for who is subject to conjecture, but I'm sure EDIG appears on more radar screens than we are led to believe. And my opinion is that the price is being walked down to force retail into giving up... before the reported previously on this board updated news will be announced (this month if I recall from earlier today??).

The smart people (money) is patient... and can wait until 2010 for 1000+% return... while daytraders attempting to make the quick buck grow impatient and give up.. ARCA knows this when the place an offer to sell .02 above their offer to buy almost daily and it was interesting to note that they sat on the bid .001 above the rest of the mms at .10 for 60K shares... showing that they were even willing to pay an extra 60 bucks to get filled ahead of the other 5 mms sitting on .10.

The fact that they were willing to pay an extra 60 bucks really amazed me.

New Message
Please login to post a reply