Free
Message: As much as all the tree huggers out cry about "Mother Guya"

The oil companies insist they could mitigate the high price of oil if only the Dems (tree hugger haven) would let them drill on our soil and off the continental shelf.

Consider this. The American oil companies have made zillions in profits during recent times. I got no problem with that. They don't set the price of oil. Fuel prices? Maybe...the jury is still out on that. I doubt if they'll ever come back with a verdict. :>):>)

But I digress! Ask yourself this question. I don't need an answer. You can keep it to yourself. WHY would the oil companies be so hot to produce more domestic oil and increase the aggregate supply? It seems like they would be satisfied with the status quo...doesn't it? They can feed on this, indefinitely. Why upset the existing situation? I believe their request to open more US fields is a canard. They can suckle at this teat for years to come without opening any more US fields. They'd just as soon keep them in reserve

Take away their subsidies though. They certainly aren't needed at this time.

I have to agree with those who insist we develop alternative energy sources but we're now way behind the game. Contrary to what the oil companies say about alternative energy R&D, that's total crap. Why would they do that? Maybe at some time, decades from now, when oil supplies are essentially depleted, they'll need some other products to replace the oil. Hopfully by then we'll have some real breakthroughs

Alas....I'll never see it.

New Message
Please login to post a reply