Free

Obviously there is no way to know for sure, but I do think there will be news of significance by September 17th.

I base that on the company’s track record over the past two years of setting more realistic expectations and for the most part, meeting them. Unlike some, I actually believed them when they said there would be a shareholders meeting this year and their reasons for the delay. Now they’ve given us a date and I have every confidence that they will follow through. In the past I’ve stated the EDIG didn’t have a track record that had earned them the benefit of the doubt. That has changed as they are making progress on the IP front and learning to adapt more quickly to changes in the business climate (e.g. bailing on the embedded system as soon as it became clear that it was not going to work out).

Agree or disagree, but this is not the EDIG of 2000-2005 when they were literally all over the place business-wise. Since WB came on board, there have been several positive changes - and even if it’s still slow going for now, that can change too.

So I’ll even go so far as to predict a new 52-week high by the end of September. That wouldn’t be all that much (a little more than a double from here), but it shouldn’t be too hard to get there either. A decent eVU order from an entity other than an airline, a Flash-R licensee (whether considered an ‘early settlement’ or not - I suspect they may be in negotiations with companies aside from those that they’ve named in lawsuits thus far), or perhaps even an early settlement in the digEcor case - though I don’t really think this is very likely.

And if I may comment, while I have no problem with people voicing various opinions, I do agree that focusing too much on the fundamentals is of little value in the case of EDIG. They’re not going to sell or grow their way into becoming a successful company. All they can really do now is to survive as best they can (however they can) until they can fully leverage their IP which is at the heart of what they are anyway. That’s why we invested in the first place and that’s where they’ll succeed if it is to be. I think we have a very good partner in DM and they are well on their way. IP monetization is where I would choose to focus my attention.

While I’m at it, I’ll state that it should come of no surprise to anyone that there will most likely be a vote to authorize more shares (like another 100-150 million - up from the current 300 million limit). I won’t like it either but that is no doubt among the reasons for a shareholders meeting in September. I suggest that if anyone’s big concern is more dilution, then either sell now or learn to accept it. Unless something very positive happens very quickly, they will almost certainly have to issue more shares to survive a little longer. Just consider that raising the number of authorized shares doesn’t automatically negate our chances for success on the IP front. Again, it’s just a matter of choosing where to focus.

- Sinkman

New Message
Please login to post a reply