Free

plugin...

posted on Jul 11, 2008 03:59AM

On our local news this :am...

There was a news segment on an Apple Ipod unit that you plug in what looked like a flash card. Sorry, but I half listened to the beginning of the news and missed the important parts relating to the plug in.

The unit, after the plug in was inserted, performed the service that HP, Softech and e.dig did for Disney.

The info on the plug in card was supplied by the exhibitor to the patron and plugged into an Ipod, in this case it was for the Ringling Museum. You walk up to an exhibit and the Ipod identifies the exhibit with RF or IR and relates a story.

IMO this process is allowed to happen from the plug in as a self contained unit, including the recognition process. Pretty much as I have discussed in the past of utilizing the memory card as an application expansion card.

It's disheartening to see things like this on my local news knowing that we where involved years prior on such developments. It's even more disheartening to know that it's being done with a plug in memory process, while knowing the tech we sit on has the ability that would allow such a process.

My question, who set the card up for the Ringling process that plugs into the Ipod? It's an expansion process that Apple does not necessarily have to be involved with. HP or Softech?

doni

Jul 11, 2008 04:07AM

Jul 11, 2008 04:37AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply