Free

OT Ramblings: Good morning America

posted on Apr 04, 2005 03:01AM
I can`t sleep because I`m reaping what I have sown. I live in a small ICW development where the Home Owners Association has gone nuts. The officers are not fairly elected, they spend money they don`t have (recently borrowed $15,000 in our HOA name) and have dragged us all into a nasty lawsuit they can`t win! I`ve been on a letter writing campaign to unseat them, to try to get copies of the financial records, and to try to get fair and just levies of fines and assessments. The discord I have created by requesting fair elections, annual meetings, opportunities to see the books and to treat all homeowners equally has created an unintended consequence. On Friday about 4 PM a sheriff deputy came to my door with a warrant for my arrest. One of the board members (who lives in Raleigh, NC) had signed a complaint for trespassing against me. My neighbor, who is building a million dollar house, was willing to sign a complaint on Thursday, so I`d have to sit in jail all weekend. I did not trespass, I did not set foot on his property. Now I`ve got a criminal charge against me--I can`t believe it. Hey, guys, there is no justice. The officer decided not to take me to jail, because I couldn`t get before a judge until Monday or Tuesday is see if I could get bail money or let me go on my own recognizance. What kind of a ``neighbor`` would make a 66 year old grandmother cool her heels in jail all weekend with the meth lab babes, drug addicts, winos, etc. The officer finally said as I was gathering up my things to go to the detention center that if I`d promise to come to the bail bond hearing on Tuesday morning, he wouldn`t take me in. My letter campaign has resulted in this. ORY
New Message
Please login to post a reply