Free

richardo - AGREED on all counts!

Some stuff that I wonder...

1. Now that a settlement has been reached with someone, will that mean additional actions will soon be filed?

2. Was there an ‘early-mover-discount’ offered... or better yet, a ‘first-mover-discount’? If it were me having multiple meetings with multiple parties, I’d tell everyone that the first to settle would get X deal, but once this deal was accepted by any of them, the offer would be closed to the rest and the price would go up.

e.Digital is receiving a one-time licensing fee and cross-license rights to certain patents covering multimedia-related products

3. After reading again, it does appear that money DID change hands. That also jibes with DABOSS’s e-mail from RP saying that: "Licensing fees will be included in our SEC filings." So again we should ask: What would DM have been willing to accept as their share of the total settlement? It should have been the total amount less their (I think pro-rated in the case of any except maybe Vivitar) expenses, less EDIG’s 60% (or possibly less to account for the agreed value of the cross-license rights). Even if EDIG didn’t receive ‘very much’, then could DM have still gotten what, 500K plus? That would still help out quite a bit wouldn’t it?

Even if the company is Avid or Vivitar, I’m happy if they’re happy - and I assume they’re happy.

- Sinkman

New Message
Please login to post a reply