Free

Congratulations...

posted on Sep 26, 2008 11:23AM

to all my long-time EDIG friends. This first license is indeed good news, and it, in and of itself, may prompt action by other notified infringers.

I've been watching for the accompanying 8-K for this event, which IMO must be considered "material". It may shed some more light on the true significance, to the bottom line, of this license.

While a 50% bounce is impressive, the PR didn't reveal much. I suspect that's why there hasn't been a much more significant bounce - as I would have expected. Though the 8-K may prove my instincts wrong, I suspect that the one-time licensing fee is not that much, especially considering the cross-licensing aspect of the settlement. However, if the dollars involved are significant, I would think that, by necessity, they would be revealed in the 8-K.

While significant dollars to the bottom line would be a big boost, IMO the intriguing thing about this agreement has to do with the patent rights EDIG will receive. Are they merely for tech which is already incorporated into EDIG devices (EVu), or do they involve desireable enhancements to the already impressive functionality? Big question, but without knowing the name of the licensing entity, we are left clueless.

Congrats again!

SGE

New Message
Please login to post a reply