Free

...investors are being over cautious, imo.

Indeed. I know that I am being very careful not to overestimate the amount of this first settlement while remaining optimistic about the overall future. My big fear at this moment is that some sort of consensus is reached for a 10-20M figure, then we find out that it was for only 5M and the share price barely reacts because we failed (yet again) to meet expectations. I’d much rather see us beat expectations (by a very large and attention-getting margin) and for the share price to take off as we think it should.

While I understand that DM isn’t working for peanuts, that EDIG deserves reasonable payment for its IP, and that we shouldn’t let a mega-company off too cheap... I also recognize the value in an early settlement that helps position the company for greater success down the road; even if that settlement is for less than what could have been. Time has value too and a relatively small amount of cash can go further than some might think for a company the size of EDIG.

My opinion is that this first settlement was with one of the ‘smaller’ 7, that the amount was for more than 1M but probably less than 5M. My point is that if I’m right, it wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing. As we know, there are many more to go and at least 6 more on deck. EDIG/DM has already beat expectations by producing a settlement so soon (about 6 months) after the initial filing. Let’s just be happy with that and decide now to also be happy with whatever the amount turns out to be (near as we’ll be able to tell). I see no reason to set ourselves up to second-guess EDIG/DM’s judgement regardless of what they brought in with just the first settlement.

Just amazing that this is still sitting at a dime.

Agreed. I am more than ready for that to change forever... and very soon I hope.

- Sinkman

New Message
Please login to post a reply