Free

Re: Norris / arm-chair teckie

in response to by
posted on Oct 28, 2008 05:59PM

Hey all, I have been in and out since the old Norris days. I still have a Norris prospectus laying around. I think it may become a collectable someday. I remember the puck. A few things I don't understand yet though. Is this lawsuit about "sound and removable flash" or MicroOs or something else?

[yes, it is about the five patents which make-up the MicroOS; the Flashback encompassed the platform and in a nutshell, it held the internal circuitry, the buttons and the porting to removable flash cards, beit smartmedia/SD which were first used. So IMO it's about all three, even thou they state removable flash memory - they emphisized the audio recordings that accompany it and internal circuitry at SHM]

Are we in internal flash drives.

[Possibly if second tier patent assertions are brought into play, ie the editting/controler aspects - 445]

Why are the camera companies the main target at this time?

[ IMO Because they record audio via their camcorders and cell phones that capture audio via record and they mostly have simm-cards and SD ports which are removable flash]

With 170+ targets, is Sandisk a friend or foe?

[Sandisk provided the flashbacks external flash card along with intel, and I believe any CF once inserted is initalized via internal flash so IMO they are a foe on second tier] doni talk

Have they been marketing our tech to other tech companies all these years.

[Very possible - the early adopters like intel/sndk/sanyo/toshiba/samsung/TI got inside info on our IP/Patents via our association, or created their own inadvertantly, and it has spread throuout the industry like wildfire to the detriment of us]

What does Sandisk do or own that they think is worth more than the $26 Samsung offered.

[over 20bln annually growing flash market]

I have more questions but thats enough for now. Thanks for all the enlightenment over the years I have been lurking

``````````````````````

coodoos on the crammer buttons - drivin my mutts nut to -

crystobol - if you been here since woodie days you a true long..

post more

emit...

New Message
Please login to post a reply