Free

As you wrote, EDIG's first settlement without naming the defendant was first released as a PR by EDIG on 25 Sep 08. jefother discovered the defendant's name (LG) on 14 Oct 08. I think this unusual order was chosen because of the importance that EDIG placed on this first settlement. It was validation that our patents are solid. The other two settlements we know of had a different timeline. The Casio settlement was first seen on PACER on 21 Nov 08 and PR from EDIG on 2 Dec 08. The Nikon settlement was first seen on PACER on 17 Dec 08 and we are waiting on the official PR. I think we'll see the PACER filing before the official PR from now on.

There also seems to be a question of which of our patents are being licensed by defendants. It is my opinion (and strictly an opinion because I don't know for certain) that our Flash-R patent portfolio includes all 5 of our patents since EDIG's website describes the portfolio that way. For this reason, I feel all defendants are getting the use of all our patents. Perhaps trillium or sunpoop could ask the question the next time they talk to RP. I'll shoot him an e-mail tomorrow and see what he says.

http://www.edigital.com/flashr.htm

New Message
Please login to post a reply