Free

Message from a Luddite

posted on Jan 10, 2009 12:36PM

Alright, this is where I really show my ignorance of current technology.

I never bought an MP3 player or any thing like it. I wouldn't know MP3 from an M-16. Here's what I'd like to do. I want to find some way of downloading single songs rather than buy an album that has only one song I like. You can't burn individual singles on one CD, right? Then I want to play this stuff through my super sound system...which is currently comprised of my tiny PC speakers and my new Sharp TV. That's all I want to do. No bells and whistles. I don't care if it can recite the Coptic alphabet backwards or hammer nails. I don't want to pay for anything I won't use. Capish? I guess you can rightly assume I'm frugal...hmmmmm......frugal, yeah that's the ticket.

I love music with the exception of anything written after 1949 but I can't imagine myself walking around with a set of ear buds continuously droning in my ears, though......even good music. Yeah I know, it's in the ear of the "beholder". It's unfortunate though. Lots of people walkin' around with great musical ears but they'll never know it.

I probably should have put this on the OT board but I figured there must be a lot of folks here who could advise me. I'd appreciate it.

PS: I will not accept any advice about my taste in music, Don't even try. :>)

New Message
Please login to post a reply