Free

Samsung Thoughts

posted on Feb 19, 2009 04:42AM

Samsung has some great IP. I believe the length of time its taking to finalize a settlement is due to review of their IP and how it can help Edig go forward. Also they infringed a lot so the actual amount of infrigement charges would take some time as well. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of cross licensing with them in the PR, but in my opinion they will still have to pay a healthy sum in the agreement.

When the pacer came across from "Silver or Jefother" hope I got those right, announcing the unkonown lawyer representing Samsung and visiting the court I beleive this was to let the court know they were working on a settlement, but that it would take some time. I saw the same type pacers when PTSC was fighting against J3 in EDOT court and then the next thing you saw was a big company bowing out and signing.

When Samsung is announced it will speak volumes because then every defendant in this case would have settled without going through the markman. If you go through the markman it means you think you may see a loop hole in the claims of the patents, a way possibly out if you will. BUT if you don't take it that far it means THIS ROCK IS SOLID!

JMHO

New Message
Please login to post a reply