Free

Oh it's good alright

posted on Mar 15, 2009 07:49PM

Took me all day to catch up after having worked most of yesterday and today....

This has been my number one focus and concern over the last few weeks. I was going to be satisfied with most any decision as long as it didn't hurt the company too badly and figure they could at least put it behind them. But this decision certainly appears to be just what the doctor ordered. We needed a win like this. I have to say that the longer it took, the more I thought it would go our way, but of course there is always some doubt. As LL very (very very) often would say, you just can't know for certain how things will play out until the court makes its ruling.

But to characterize this as no big deal, that is; not so much of a win as just not a huge loss is to really, seriously miss the entire point. This lifts a cloud, removes a barrier (pick your analogy) which was affecting the company's reputation and standing in the way of their plans to grow. Now that they have some capital to move forward, they didn't need this loadstone to slow things down or to make future negotiations more difficult. Sure there is more to be decided, but even BOW has got to see the writing on the wall by now. He may still fight, but it's over. This paves the way for other things to start falling into place... and that, especially in this economy, is a huge win.

Our entire society recognizes the value of the struggle, of fighting your way back from the brink - even if getting there was of your own making. Consider for example an alcoholic who has gotten sober. Who tells such a person that they are not a winner for having seen where they went wrong and kicked a bad habit?

EDIG could indeed have been more careful and done things better to avoid such legal matters - although sometimes even people who have done nothing wrong get sued. There are never any guarantees, but the company has survived this and is on a brighter path now. We know it, they know it, and this week we'll see if any investors sitting on the sidelines realize it too. Here's to better times just ahead.

- Sinkman

Mar 15, 2009 09:14PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply