Free

Knowledge is a terrible thing to waste...

posted on Mar 16, 2009 06:50AM

Just getting back and reading only a few of the posts. Great news seems to rule the day with the pear shaped wonder getting a big shot from EDIG's Can-o-Whop-Arse. Brent Wood and the Wencor crew seem to have drawn this out for an extended time and now we see why. IMO, not losing was the biggest issue for EDIG as Wencor had set their sights on larger prizes with little to no results. The >$100K payment for the Maycom mess makes sense to me.

Since I have not read all the postings, I believe we are scheduled for court in May with many believing we are really headed for a settlement...all good stuff IMO. A settlement would seem to be in both parties best interest now. My guess is RP will comment publicly when possible on this as the trade rags will want comment. Remember, Wencor is an advertiser in several of the IFE ePublications, so they have the upper hand and EDIG will need to respond. I believe they will.

Now, who knows all this good stuff? Just us, the legal teams, and Wencor? Knowledge is a terrible thing to waste just on us chickens. We already have enough to count and know what we own (sorry, Dean, I had to steal from someone as I'm only a big dumb guy from Tennessee and it is good to see both USC and The Vols at the Big Dance)

If that is the case, one might think we could be headed for some new investor blood in the water. This is just speculation, but possible since I doubt there are a ton of folks hangin' out waiting on Pacer filing other than those of us affected the most.

If I'm going out on that limb, could this also untie some of the hands pitchin' our next generation eVU? While we know the bulk of the revs will probably be IP license deals, an alternate revenue stream is always a good thing since these court cases can swing in the wind for a while. The IFE and, more interestingly, non-IFE potential markets can still push EDIG's pps toward that $1 mark without a ton of new license deals from DM, IMO. Plus, Wall Stree and Institutional investors do not seem to like companies with no other revenues. We are not a "patent troll," and we do not want to be lumped with that group.

Good stuff.

Now, what the hell happened to sky and LL? Both have been strong contributors to this forum for a long time.

John

New Message
Please login to post a reply