Free

DOP: Very perceptive commentary

posted on May 03, 2005 01:23PM
have been great to have a mid 2005 payday, it appears as if it will take longer. I know, I know, I can hear the disappointment in the air, but reality, is reality. There`s still no content sites for video downloads, for music videos, movies, and other video, and the MP3 sites are still in their infancy. We will see more and more of these music sites pop up as the industry catches up to demand for it, but it has taken a long time for people to get it. Daboss shared some more relevant info related to Rockwell Collins/Thales? and how much IFE business they expect to capture this year, somewhere around 400million. What`s relevant is answering the question of, how long has it taken them to reach these types of numbers? Now take into account that Wencor is still hiring people for their ``NEW`` endeavor, ``IFE`` and you can start to get a realistic time frame of when similar revs/profits can factor into the top and bottom lines for Wencor/APS/e.digital. Now as much as I would like to blame Fred.F, and the people responsible for closing deals there, I have to be fair and ask given the above circumstances and dreadfully slow process that these industries are moving at, could the success of e.digital happened any faster??? I have to honestly say, no. I would however suggest anyway, that they beef up their sales and marketing staff, and get a real excitable hotshot salesman type (like Woody?), in there to shake things up, and to ensure they get more fire power to sell these leading edge e.digital platforms. Looks like they may be addressing this given Atul`s statement on same? So, where does this mean EDIG will be at the end of this year, and same time, next year? Does this make it a BUY, or SELL? mguru
New Message
Please login to post a reply