Free

RE: pick one...Doni....touchs...

posted on May 04, 2005 09:49AM
After using a number of different touchscreens in my profession I have come across difficulties when they become ``dirty.``

Some practitioners not knowing what the problem is have contacted biomed or changed out vital equipment when the screens locked up. Time consuming etc. In some cases the screens only needed to be cleaned off. In other cases, while working in the ``hood`` we found graffiti ``tagging`` done with a knife on HP cardiac monitor touchscreens. Barely visible to the eye, the scrathces rendered the screens useless.

Having the digEsystems ``head`` removable could help avoid unwanted damage to the touchscreens when not in use. They could be installed prior to boarding for the passengers who have booked in advance as with the digEplayer. This would not go along with the fact that they are to have a credit card reader. I like the idea of having them available for every seat and every passenger!!!

As for damage to the touchscreens noted above.....have there been improvements to prevent these things from happening?

Thanks in advance,

T

(and thanks for all of your technical expertise)

New Message
Please login to post a reply