Free

Re: The Roaring Silence

posted on May 05, 2009 01:40PM

EDIG Tuesday and not much going on as of now.

Since you seem to like music I will give you a couple of happenings that you may or not know about this beatiful day in May...bout 95 where I am.

That bout is a signuture Henery Hinckley (yachts) Southwest harbor, Maine and I happened to be there on one occassion.

"Henery how many people work for you." The reply "bout half."

So here goes your music things...probably get kicked off any way...I may be telling a fib also....your guess.

Bono is the only person who has been nominated for an Oscar, a Grammy, a Golden Globe---and a Nobel Peace Price.

U2 drummer Larry Mullen was a member of the Artane Boys Band...marching band....remember "Sunday Bloody Sunday?

A concert in 1971, at Ulster Hall in Belfast......the rock group Led Zeppelin, for the first time played .."Stairway to Heaven"...the crowd was not responsive to hearing a new song!!!...until they heard it!!!

And my last, but best, is in my adopeted town of Clearwater, Florida (I am from Bangor, Maine)....Jack Russel Stadium...lat '60's??? an unknown group called the "Rolling Stones" played so bad that people went into the bathrooms and started throwing rolls of paper product at them.

That evening, at the Harrison Hotel, a young man named Mick Jagger wrote a song called ...."Satisfaction, you can't get any.."

New Message
Please login to post a reply