Free

"1. All claims by e.Digital Corporation of infringement relating to U.S. Patent Nos.5,787,445 (“the ‘445 patent”) and 5,839,108 (“the ‘108 patent”) that have been or could have been brought in this lawsuit against Samsung Electronics America, Inc., or related Samsung entities that could have been named in this lawsuit, are hereby dismissed with prejudice."

If I remember correctly, there were maybe three claims mentioned relating to data structure along with some chatter of indifference explanations.

Could it be that "All claims" means just the ones mentioned are dismissed and not the whole of the patents? I think I may have crossed this bridge before. Dismissing certain claims of 108 may still be intact in similarity for 445 and vice versa.

If that be the case, the door is shut on certain claims, yet still open depending on how they where presented.

"2. All declaratory judgment counterclaims by Samsung Electronics America, Inc. ofnon-infringement relating to the ‘445 and ‘108 patents that have been brought in this lawsuit are hereby dismissed with prejudice."

This would involve the above claims.....the door is shut.

3. All declaratory judgment counterclaims by Samsung Electronics America, Inc. of invalidity relating to the ‘445 and ‘108 patents are hereby dismissed without prejudice.

The door is open because other claims can be brought foward?

doni

New Message
Please login to post a reply