Free
Moo
Jul 02, 2009 12:44PM

I am positive (10+ years)

OT: Scottrade

I still think the "last tick" red and green mean buy or sell because, if they did not, there would be no reason for showing the equal sign as either red or green.

Actually, I did stop in the Scottrade office a couple months back and asked them about the colors shown on their time and sales streamer (which is a different display than the "last tick" information). The person I talked to had to look up the answers which surprised me. The answer offered was, the time and sales streamer identifies price highs or lows as they occur as yellow, blue means a trade outside the bid or ask, green means a trade at the ask and red means a trade at the bid. I asked about the last tick display as a follow up question. The person did not look up the answer but agreed that green was a buy and red was a sell. Since the person had to look up the answer to my first question I was not entirely confident about their second answer. By then, they were getting busy with other customers so I didn't request documentation.

New Message
Please login to post a reply