Free

Pensions and stuff....

posted on May 18, 2005 07:33PM
Okay, I will comment on this...I really have a deep sympathy for those who have been ``promised security`` that they probably will not get! I also have a sympathy for the NEW management of those companies that have and will have inherited these terrible, life changing, and really unfair policies.! Those future managers are not the crooks, their predacessors were! Those people should suffer and give all of their money back to support the suffering employees! However, ain`t gonna happen! (These injustices have come to light over that last few years but have been goin on for quite some time)! It is not just management but the unions,also, who have been demanding more and more concessions only for their own advantage..Look at Calif!

About twenty years ago, management of my company decided that they just could not commit to continuing a pension plan, just could not affort it! They were honest about it!It was a smart move. They told everyone the situation, cashed them in for every dime of what was in each employees account, and then disconinued the plan! Then, eventually, in the company that I now run, every employee has a 401k account with contributions from the company as well, and everyone has THEIR OWN MONEY IN THIER OWN ACCOUNTS! I really do not have any retirement for my future from pensions, but I do have my 401k. Not much and may last me just a few short years, but, at least it is mine, and most of it is money that I saved!

I guess that my point is, what someone else posted in the last couple of days somewhere, I need to make it MY MONEY!, hope that MY CHOICE of investments go well, and Not rely on empty promises! Believe me, I have had a lot of those! T.K.

New Message
Please login to post a reply