Free

Re: Flash memory patent litigation impacts bottom lines Dr. V

posted on Aug 05, 2009 04:21PM

"Although I generally agree with your posts . . ."

Ditto. But while we should ideally try to exract the maximum from each infringer, in reality time also has value. The settlements made to date have done a lot to improve the bottom line and to build our credibility and confidence. In fact if there is a "groupthink about, I'd say tis the idea that we're just going roll over Samsung, and all the infringers will line up and pay us whatever we ask.

In reality, Samsung's lawyers have already demonstrated that they have some surprises of their own and are no slouches. Also, Markman in itself is a stage in the litigation process, which could drag on for some time afterward.

Yes, we can use Markman. We can use it now with some infringers, "Settle now. You'll pay a lot more after Markman." And we can use it later with others, "Settle now. You saw what we did in Markman."

Point being that the settlements we made to date have done a lot to help EDIG ride out a period that could ortherwise have been disatrous. While share price has continued to stagnate, the "going concern" concerns are less pressing. We need to keep the momentum — to keep the good news coming in.

New Message
Please login to post a reply