Free

RE: Why PRIME the Manufacturing Pump ? Doni

posted on May 23, 2005 11:28AM
I`ve had the same thoughts as to + or -...dependent on the added complexity...what ever it might be...we cannot determine because of conflicting statements...DigEplayer and DigEsystem.

However for ...

``This article allays some of the concerns represented by the absence of enthusiasm coming from management regarding the embedded IFE.``

If there is a real absence of enthusiasm....we have a problem here.

I know exactly what e.Digital had to build around to follow the APS model.

These components have to do with the very partitioning of the drive....as it is stated as an MOS IP development...the encryption of the drive....the authentication of connections to the drive......along with a dozen other details they had to follow...through to the processor.

If these details are not an issue all of a sudden....there`s a problem....because they have nothing to do with the introduction of Linux along with some high level applications.

Now, I can see where they might wish to re engineer the technical aspects and move the HDD encryption to the server drives...but that`s it...the rest would stay in the seat devices...with the authenticator being the most important part....but like I said earlier...encrypt the whole friggen thing....as a unit can be bought through an inside handler...if ``content is king`` treat as such.

doni

New Message
Please login to post a reply