Free

Microsoft Appeals $290M Patent Ruling

posted on Aug 27, 2009 09:09AM

Could EDIG cause an infringer to be banned from selling its product? This can only be acccomplished via a trial by jury. At some point DM will go there. In the meantime, I wonder what compromises and deals they are making with those that settle?

Did you see the manipulation of Apple in a earlier post with regards to a case against SAMSUNG by the plaintiff? There could be more than meets the eye in this SAMSUNG settlement, or not, but the selection of a Markman candidate likely involves more than just going there.

When it is time to go to trial, be assured DM will be fully armed. The award against MSFT is an eye opener and the implications go beyond the dollar amounts. SAMSUNG is a competitor with NOKIA, Apple, etc etc...think that factors into some of the settlement discussions????

We won't make you the Markman target, AND we will target your competitor, if you settle for X.

Just another way to look at it perhaps...

Microsoft Appeals $290M Patent Ruling For I4i

Law360, New York (August 26, 2009) -- Microsoft Corp. has challenged a federal judge’s $290 million award to technology firm i4i Inc. and his imminent ban barring the software giant from selling versions of its Word software, arguing that the judge overseeing i4i’s patent infringement case fell short in his gatekeeping role.

Microsoft filed an appeal Aug. 25 in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, taking issue with the award and permanent injunction Judge Leonard Davis handed down in...

New Message
Please login to post a reply