Free

Edig/DM vs Samsung

posted on Sep 19, 2009 10:28AM

When i thought about why edig/Dm hasn't filed new infringers yet with the last of the first seven still held up being samsung. While many here assume the possibility of a buy out or equity stake in edig by samsung, i think imho that it has to do with the possibility that the charges and claims may not get dismissed by oct. 25 and therefore, Edig/Dm have to resume course of markman hearing. Why does samsung need this extra time to fullfill their obligation of these charges? If the settlement and obligations to samsung were nuisance as some might be predicting, then why is this CASE with samsung putting everything on a delay of the next list of infringers. I'll tell you why, again all imho, because their is still the possibility that samsung does not meet these obligations by oct.25th or at all, and DM must be prepared for the worse because i dont think they want to be in battles with round 2 infringers and in a battle with samsung that might take the course of time and cost all at the same time. It seems Edig/Dm see it as worth waiting to get Samsung in the books and behind them before moving on to round 2. If its a nuisance settlement, like the other 6, that some here have put it, then why wait to go after the others. Still hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Sep 19, 2009 12:40PM
Sep 20, 2009 04:45AM
Sep 20, 2009 07:56AM
Sep 20, 2009 09:45AM
Sep 20, 2009 10:25AM
Sep 20, 2009 12:32PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply