Free
Message: Selling strategy thoughts while waiting for some new information

Selling strategy thoughts while waiting for some new information

posted on Sep 23, 2009 11:53AM

As a long from 1999 that is still here chasing the dream and continuing to add to my position, I wonder what is going to be the impact on share price when this stock finally pops and investors start taking profits.

I know this sounds like Investing 101, but it was and will be very nerve wracking as hopefully this goes a lot higher like back in January 2000 ( maybe not $24 ) and then everyone starts selling and the share price comes crashing back down. Back then people were even talking about stock splits!!!

Maybe we should have those who have held the longest - sell first!! HaHa (this is a joke)

I know that everyone here has their own entry price and exit price based on their financial goals. We are here to make money on the investment of our hard earned money. There are many that have died in the past ten years and will never see the fruits of their investment. Maybe others got fed up and sold and moved on. We have all had those ideas at one time or another.

Does anyone have any possible interesting strategies (other than sell your total investment amount and play with the profits) that can be shared. I have always been a buy and hold guy but AIG and C have changed my thinking.

Thanks

New Message
Please login to post a reply