Free

Just an observation.

posted on Nov 03, 2009 01:01PM

I don't know if anyone else caught this but I seem to remember a discussion after last years shareholder meeting when several attendees came back with reports about a white board with both Nokia and Sony on it. Supposedly they were flashed before everyones eyes just long enough to indelibly etch their place on several peoples noggins. There were discussions over the corse of the past year about the likelyhood of them being on this next list of infringers. Nokia is there but Sony is conspicuously missing.

I don't question what was reported one years ago as inaccurate but I do find it curious that Sony isn't represented in this next round of infringers as we might have expected. One explanation is that an off the record settlement has already negotiated but unannounced. From the last PR .

“We expect to provide additional information regarding the next licensing and legal round in upcoming Company communications.”

I think the language insinuates that separate licensing agreements have been negotiated: At least that's one way of explaining the absense of Sony in todays press release. Anyone else notice the absense of Sony?

Larry

Nov 03, 2009 01:10PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply