Free
Message: Re: latest NOKIA N900 with removable flash memory card
Dec 27, 2009 06:23PM
Dec 27, 2009 06:37PM
Dec 27, 2009 06:48PM
Dec 27, 2009 07:00PM
Dec 27, 2009 07:04PM
Dec 27, 2009 07:28PM

sman, the removable is interesting and it is the current target to hit the marketeers for that consideration.....however, how about the non-marketeers?....ie Zoran...

This issue sure has a long way to go.

ARM TI OMAP 3430 Cortex-A8 600 MHz processor

Integrated 32GB flash drive

OMAP is a hardware/software platform.....that is built on the bones of the long forgotten DSP BIOS utilizing on the fly non volatile memory held configurations.

DSP BIOS came out just after, or subsequent TI's relationship with e.Digital....

MOS is capable of diverse high level file system integration extending to the attributes of the more popular OS file systems without the need of intermediary firmware abstracts normally needed just for the integration of OS to OS translations.....never mind getting them to a particular nonvolatile hardware level.
This process is fluid and integrates the LOW level BIOS management....ie the read / write / erase...etc of flash(hardware) to the high level OS considerations. Where the physical memory structures can be cross point addressed(parallel), or serial/ linear. Serial/linear matrix is a problem for the more popular OS types and requires abstract considerations to integrate their problematic crosspoint addressing to the hardware.

For that ability, e.Digital can get away with utilizing the cheapest type of memory matrix.....ie NAND.....and the process extends to others OS's to integrate in an adaptable manner, or, as I saw it identified in the past as "allowing a native process",... in other words, NFS stays native and simply utilizes the file attributes of higher level OS's as if they were one in the same.

DSP BIOS came about after TI started utilizing nonvolatile flash memory and low level BIOS configuration. DSP BIOS has now morphed into an RTOS concern, now integrating Application processors and OS's for a platform now name OMAP.

IMO, TI is now pushing a process that has high level OS integration, as well as low level considerations.....they are very diverse now.

OMAP 4 Mobile Applications Platform
http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtbu/wtbuproductcontent.tsp?templateId=6123&navigationId=12844&contentId=53244

This stuff is hard to explain, but simple in theory once you get the nomenclature down....lol

Giants, perhaps you can get it to an understanding for them....I can't seen to get my points across.

simply.... e.Digital eliminates addressing problems when implementing linear matrix media....and they allow their proprietary serial abilities to back bone for other OS's....all using the same native data structured process.

"naively" was a big word back in the day.....lol.... and no one new what it really meant except for those that used the word.

That is the best I can do in trying to identify what it means.....fluid and natural

Good luck to all that truly have an interest.

doni

New Message
Please login to post a reply