Free

OT: tomorrow I go to trial for common tresspass.

posted on Jun 16, 2005 07:32PM
This guy from Raleigh is building a million dollar house a few houses from me. Last March on my birthday I was walking my dog and I called out to the workers, ``Is the contractor on site?`` Three drywall worker were cleaning up after themselves and had created this huge trash pile of fiberglass insulation and drywall debris about ten foot across and maybe six foot high. A worker called back, ``No.``

The contractor was from North Carolina, not So. Carolina, so I thought he didn`t know about having a ``construction waste container.`` I called back, ``Tell him to get a dumpster or a suitable container for this trash. It`s against the law in So. Carolina to have this pile here like this.`` End of transtaction--I continued down the street walking my dog. The next week a Horry County officer came up to our house to ``warn me not to trespass, nor harrass the workers.`` In the middle of the next week Richard gets a threatening phone call--the caller says he`s coming down from Raleigh to smash in Richard`s face. On that Friday a warrant was sworn out for my arrest by the president of the construction company building the house, and the officer at the last minute decided I didn`t belong in the county detention center over the week end (it would be Tuesday before I could see a judge for a bond hearing). I went in to see the judge, who had signed the warrant, and he starts giving me a lecture on ``paying attention``. I had no choice but get an attorney and ask for a jury trial. Mind you, I did not ever set foot on that guy`s property.

Tomorrow is the day for the trial. There are several technical reasons this shouldn`t be in court--one being that a warning was given after the date of the alleged trespass on Mar. 18th. I hope my lawyer knows what he is doing. Wish me well guys, otherwise I`ll see you when I get out of jail. This is real Southern hospitality! ORY

New Message
Please login to post a reply